Monday, June 9, 2008

Stuck.

Okay, good story.

So I woke up this morning, with the understanding that I was leaving today for Morelia, Mexico. So exciting! I did the last of my errands, finished packing, and said goodbyes. Everything seemed to be going well. All of my stuff fits in my bags, I got checked in at the airport okay, and my flight was on time. Yay!

But no. It wasn't meant to be. It was all going too well.

So, we board the plane, it's %100 full, and we taxi off to wait in line at the runway...where we waited for two hours. It just so happened that right at that time a little bitty storm moved in, and no one could take off....for two hours. So even though my connecting flight from Houston to Morelia was delayed an hour, we still arrived after it left.


(Picture: as I looked out the window on the plane, there were a good 8 planes just that I could see waiting behind us, and the pilot said that he could see fifteen in front of us. So add like twelve more planes to the picture and understand that it would only be one side of the airport, and that's what my afternoon was like. This isn't my picture, but I wanted you to have a visualization.)

And lucky for me, there's only one flight from Houston to Morelia everyday. The next one was tomorrow evening, and there was no other available way to get there faster. So, after some hastle with customer service (and a whole line of other people doing the same), I ended up getting a discounted rate to the Sheraton for a night, with 24 hour shuttle service. It's not so bad. I have a very expensive hotel room for not much money, a very comfortable bed, TV, internet, my books, and room service. Mind you, my luggage is still at the airport so I have no clothes or hair gel or things of that nature. However, the hotel has very nice smelling shampoo and lotion.

I got a lovely Italian club sandwich delivered to my room for dinner, and I'm expecting bacon, eggs, apple juice, coffee, a muffin, and breakfast potatoes to be delivered to my room in the morning. I would have gone out, but was hindered by my being a single young woman in a town I've never been to, and it was getting dark outside. So I stayed in. And it's been nice so far...time has yet to tell if I'm productive with any of my extra time.

0 comments: