Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Adventures Begin.

So today we didn't have any planned activities, so we slept in late (9), and after we ate breakfast, we went to the Morelia Zoo. It was really amazing! They had all sorts of animals....lion, tigers, bears, zebras, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, ostritches, sea lions, a polar bear, monkeys, reptiles, birds, lots of peacocks, goats, miniature horses, a huge turtle, an orangatang, reindeer, camels (1 hump and two), hippos, and so much more that I can't remember. It was one of the coolest zoos I've been to, I think better than Dallas, Fort Worth, or London. It was really amazing. Plus it was only 20 pesos, which is like, 2 dollars. Wow.


We came back to the house for lunch at 2:30 (normal time, a little early), and guess what!? I ate cactus today...in my fajita. Mmm. After lunch we had some time to rest. We finally woke up from our naps, and went with Coco (one of the sisters) into town before we went to the church office and had a Let's Start Talking party (LST is mission group). It was fun, we played pictionary and spoons and had some good food. Then we got a taxi back to the house, and our driver spoke English and lived in the states for 12 years.


It's sorta nice, I'm starting to understand more Spanish. We've pretty much been adopted into this family, but I feel like the special child who needs to ride the short bus because I have such a hard time understanding or communicating. But they're all trying to help me. They are such wonderful people, and we're very blessed to stay with them. My most used Spanish phrases now are "no se" (I don't know), and "esta bien" (I'm good). I use them a lot.

It's so nice though, everyone is so sweet and helpful to us. I'm really starting to like it here, and I think I'd be in love with it if I could speak or understand. Someday, I really hope that I will.

0 comments: