Monday, June 23, 2008

Free Day

So Monday's are our days off. Today we woke up, had some breakfast, and then walked all the way across town to the VIP movies. We were early, so we walked around the mall for a while, and then went to the movie with Sara, Alex, Montse, and us. We were going to go see Kung Fu Panda, but they lied when they said it was subtitled and not dubbed...so we didn't go. We went to see 21 (Black Jack) instead. But this is a really nice theater. If' you've ever been to Studio Movie Grill in the States, it's kinda like that with the service, but we each get personal recliners with cup holders and tables. And they are very comfortable recliners. I think I may see I reoccurring day off theme coming up.

After that we hung out for a while, and tried to get Montse's broken car home, even though it didn't make it. We also went up the mountain to look and the huge flag and the city during the day. Sooo pretty. And then we went out for tacos. That happens a lot. Interesting fact I learned from Sara: the crunchy taco's from Taco Bell or Bueno...those aren't Mexican. At all. Who knew?

Also, I wonder what would happen if I stopped having English conversations? I mean, I'd still need English for direction, and for times when it's just the interns, but I think when I speak in English around people who speak Spanish, I cheat both them and myself. I cheat them because I distance myself from them, and I cheat myself because I could be learning from listening to and interacting with them. So I'm going to try to use much less English. I don't know how well I'm going to do, but I'm going to try. Maybe I'll be a lot quieter, and learn to reflect better. Hopefully I'll learn Spanish. I don't really know. I do know that I have got to keep trying, and I'm not about to give up.

0 comments: