Friday, June 6, 2008

Interesting Times

Well, this has been an interesting week. On Tuesday my sister Nicole left for job core. If it goes well, she'll be there for almost a year. And for the time being, Jeremiah is staying with us. On Wednesday a photographer from the Dallas Morning News came out to the house to take pictures of our family to go along with the story that they're doing on us. It's weird. We think that it has to do with getting positive rep for the foster care system.

And on Monday, I leave for Mexico. I will be spending the next six weeks in Morelia, Mexico. I'm a little nervous because I don't speak Spanish, but I hope that I will by the end of the summer.

Plus I've been cleaning my room. It's hard to keep it clean when you leave for four months, then come back with all your stuff, and leave again in a few days, and then come back with all that stuff. It just doesn't seem to have anywhere to go. But, I'm mastering the problem, and the outlook is looking good.














I bought a Spanish/English Dictionary today, plus I have a Spanish Bible, and a few fun books to read in Spanish to help to to get going. I felt sad though, because my Spanish/English Dictionary is published by Oxford...and I miss Oxford so much.

Jeremiah is certainly growing up fast. He's starting to say more and more words, even though his two favorites are still "ball" and "hot". His favorite things so far seem to be books, balls, and belts. He is such a good kid though.

0 comments: