Monday, January 21, 2008

Oxford, Day 5

So today I got to sleep in until 11 because everyone else has the Humanities class in the morning that I don't have. After I got up and had lunch, I went for a walk, and then we walked downtown for out INTS class in a room we rented from St. Aldates. I think this is the biggest group they've ever had here, so we don't really all fit comfortably into any of the rooms in the house, so they had to rent a room for that class. It was mostly logistics and what the class would be about. It doesn't seem like it will be that bad.

Just before we started to head home, it started raining. Not drizzling like it normally does, but get really wet rain. So that was a cold wet walk home.

Home!

When we got back, it was after 5, so I made some pasta for dinner, and then a little after dinner I went with Karissa and Holly to G&D's, a really neat ice cream place that's open until midnight (everything shuts down at like 6, even earlier than in Abilene), and they have lots of different stuff to eat besides ice cream. But I had some chocolate ice cream, and it was delicious. A little on the pricey side, but sooo good.

Now for some interesting culture notes. There seem to be more people who smoke here than I remember smoking in the States. Also, all of the police cars and public service workers are in neon green or yellow. I thought that that was interesting.

0 comments: