Sunday, January 20, 2008

God of Justice

So...this has been on my heart. Do we do what we say? Do our theology and lives line up? I've been passing the homeless in downtown Oxford. I've been to third world countries. I work with an organization for victims of domestic violence. One of the things I love about this video is that it's convicting on all sides. I've seen some with the same song just about the homeless, or just about Africa, but there is so much need in our world.

I am called to reach out, to serve, to be Christ to the world. I don't always do that. And I understand that a lot of the time, what will help people most is not to just give them handouts. But something needs to be done. So forgive the sometimes "cheesyness" of the video...it's something that is deeply affecting my thoughts and my heart right now.

0 comments: