Friday, April 25, 2008

Crazy Thursday

Okay, so Thursday, yesterday, I slept in and woke up just in time for my C.S. Lewis class. That was fun and interesting as always. After class though, the real fun began.

I met one of my friends, Katie, and we went to the train station to go to London. We were late, but our train was even later, and because of that, we didn't have and stops, we just went straight to London. After we got there, we went to Westminster Abbey, and went inside to look around. They charged me 10 pounds, and that upset me, so I took pictures inside even though I wasn't supposed to. We saw lots and lots of famous dead peoples tombs, like Queen Elizabeth I, Issac Newton, Charles Darwin, Lord Byron, Lord Tennyson, Geoffery Chaucer, and more. It was crazy. We also saw the coronation chair. After that we walked by Downing Street, where the Prime Minister lives, but it had lots of guards. On the way we took some red phone booth pictures.

After that we went and picked up our ticket to Phantom of the Opera, and went to see the Ritz...which is very ritzy. We went and saw the Tower of London, and the Tower Bridge, and stopped on the underground at King's Cross to take pictures at Platform 9 3/4.

After that we were on our way to dinner at Leicester Square, where we stumbled upon Gwyneth Paltrow, Robert Downey Jr, and Terrence Howard and their London red carpet movie premiere. Crazy! We got pictures too! That was very exciting...Katie and I had been talking all day about how so many people on our trip have seen famous people in England, but we hadn't....and now we have!














After that we got some pizza from a stand, and ran about five blocks to make it to the start of Phantom. We mad it, got our seats, and enjoyed a really wonderful show. I loved it. Afterwards we took a train back to Oxford, where we finally got to sleep.

0 comments: