Sunday, April 27, 2008

Busy Weekend

Okay, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. And Sunday too.

Thursday, I woke up, went to class, and then met Katie and we took the train to London. It was pretty neat. We went to see Westminster Abbey, and paid too much money to go inside, so I took pictures, even though I wasn't supposed to. After Westminster, we took some telephone booth pictures, went to Tower Bridge and Tower of London, and took pictures at platform 9 3/4. Then we were heading to eat dinner, when we stumbled upon a huge crowd and wondered what it was. It happened to be the London premiere of Iron Man, and we got to see Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrance Howard, and Robert Downey Jr. on the red carpet. It was so amazing. Then, after quickly getting some pizza from a stand, we ran for 5 or six blocks to get to the theater where Phantom of the Opera was. We saw that, and it was amazing as well.

On Friday I didn't do much. I did some homework, and I slept a whole lot.

On Saturday I woke up and went with another friend, Jessica, to London again. We were going to see Les Mis, but they were sold out when we got there, so we went to the London Zoo, and the went to eat at the Texas Embassy, which has fairly authentic Tex-Mex, and had all sorts of Texas bumper stickers, like "Don't Mess With Texas", "He's not kinky, he's my governor", and almost all of the colleges (UT, Baylor, A&M, Hardin Simmons, McMurry, ACU, TCU, and the like). After a wonderful meal, we went to see Westminster again, and then caught several buses and made our way home to Oxford.

On Sunday I did homework, and watched some movies online. 9 at 9 was wonderful, we just got to sing and pray the whole time. I'm going to be so sad to leave this wonderful place.

0 comments: