Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Past Few Days

It's been an eventful few days. My junior year in college is over, now I'm a senior. In the last week I moved home, went back to Abilene, and then came back home. I also successfully overcame my phobia of needles with getting blood drawn and an IV treatment on Friday (my mom was with me to hold my hand, but I did so well). The IV room at the doctors office has big windows that overlook a nice little pond and woody area, and there was a bird there that kept trying to get in and in the process kept flying into the windows. Saturday I went to the dentist, and had a cavity. Because it was on the side of my tooth, they said there's no way they could do it without a shot. So, by myself, I dealt with needles again. And success again! So exciting.

Today, I slept until late afternoon, and then went to the farewell church service for my priest, Fr. Rob. It was a wonderful service: we sang the psalms, did evening prayer, Nate (my old youth minister) preached a wonderful sermon on obedience (Love doesn't let alone.), and I got to reunite with high school friends that I hadn't talked to in a long time. We talked about the raffle (waffle waffle waffle), being God's favorite because I always won the raffle, how much DDYC changed becuase of my innecent voting mistake, our knome - Rabbi Finklestein, argued the age old argument of whether the corner spot is mine or Andrew's (it's mine), and I discovered that Andrew can hold his own in a conversation about communication theory and rhetoric. Pleasant surprise.

But it's been an eventful few days. Wow. Let's see how this summer goes.

0 comments: