Monday, May 5, 2008

Last weekend in Oxford

So in the craziness of the last weekend, I forgot to post. So here is what happened on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

On Friday I woke up, and did some studying for my afternoon final. Then I took that final, which I did pretty well on. After that I did a lot of packing and cleaning.

On Saturday I slept in, and then me and Holly did some shopping and had some lunch at the Eagle and Child. After we came back, we had a graduation ceremony for one of the girls who graduated from LCU, but missed the ceremony to be here. It just so happened that our ceremony was at the same time as theirs too. It was a lot of fun. She had a blue sheet for a robe and a construction paper hat with a shoestring for a tassel. We through confetti, hummed pomp and circumstance, had a comencement speech, slideshow, presentation of the diploma. We had the whole works. It was a lot of fun, and then afterward we all went out to dinner to celebrate.

On Sunday I went to church at St. Aldate's for the last time. After that I came back to the house and did some more packing. Sunday night we had our last nine at nine, and it was sad and wonderful.

Monday I woke up early for my last final, C.S. Lewis. I wrote 8 pages, and was done with school. I got a sandwich from On the Hoof for lunch, and after lunch we had an afternoon of cleaning and packing. After we were finished, we got ready for our last group dinner. We had a group picture, and all went to a really nice italian pizza place, where we were told we could get anything we wanted, so we all had sodas and starters and sides and pizza and dessert. It was wonderful. The bill for all of us was something like almost 900 pounds. That's almost 1800 dollars, although, keep in mind, there were 40 of us. Still, it was really cool.

0 comments: